CW tagged me for a meme a few days ago, so here goes. (This is harder than it seems because I could easily list off several dozen books in each category.)
1. One book you have read more than once.
The Lord of the Rings (I know, that’s technically more than one book, but only technically).
2. One book you would want on a desert island
That’s for me to know, and you to find out.
3. One book that made you laugh
The Princess Bride… oh boy did it ever.
4. One book that made you cry
Lots of books make me cry. I cry pretty easily for books. But Where the Red Fern Grows stands out as one of the saddest for me.
5. One book you wish you had written
84 Charing Cross Road. This has got to be my all-time favorite book. I wish I could write like either of those two letter writers.
6. One book you wish had never been written
The Bear. Ugh. And the professor who assigned it should have known better. (I’ve banished the author’s name from my mind, so I can’t find a link for you, but take my word for it, it was bad. It made me feel dirty. It STILL makes me feel dirty, even four years later.)
8. One book you have been meaning to read
The Shadow of the Wind, among about a million others.
9. One book that changed your life
They all have, but cliche as it is to say so, reading Jane Eyre stands out for being the first time that “literature” interested me.